Monday, March 10, 2003

Mathieu on 17 Dec 2001

Subject: My Xmas wish list...

Dear Santa,

I've been a good dwarf this year, as I'm sure you've noticed, so I won't even mention the age-old ties between your august self and my race. We pot-bellied, bearded, big-nosed, red-faced guys have to stick together, and I'd like to point out I'm your greatest fan.

It has always struck me as eminently sensible to ride BEHIND draft animals rather than on them, and while I don't take to little tykes myself, I'm glad you keep them out of our beards by distributing presents like that.

I understand, with hindsight, why you couldn't grant me some of the things I asked for last year, although I'm sure you could have made an exception for the ThunderHammer(TM) of Goblinoid Megadeath, since it was for a good cause. Ok, ok, I will go so far as to say it might have spoilt the fun in our last battle, and perhaps asking for it was a little greedy, at that stage.

Anyhow, I'm going to be much more reasonable this year. I only want one thing : a key!

Could you please convince (you can be so convincing when you try) my fellow adventurers to get off their arses and put in a couple rounds of action before Xmas, so that we can be in posession of a key by the time we partake of the sacred plum pudding?

That way, we can start fiddling with the dials and start the new year with bright new prospects for being good until next Xmas!

Yours truly,
Ulrik Anvilring